Make your own jeans
Have you ever scoured through an entire city or spent hours on the internet in search of the perfect pair of jeans? Look no further. With Wardrobe By Me's new jeans sewing patterns, you can easily sew them yourself.
We have created the ultimate classic Jeans sewing patterns for both women and men. We have worked through all details of a classic, long-lasting model.
Find the Men's Five pocket jeans #1 here
Find the Women's Five pocket jeans #1 here
Why do we love jeans?
One of the reasons we all love to wear jeans is their versatility. You can wear them all year round and be both comfortable and smart, depending on your choice of top and shoes. Wear them with t-shirt and sneakers, or dress them up with a beautiful shirt and a pair of heels, and you will be comfortable throughout a night of fun.
With Wardrobe By Me's new jeans patterns, you get a relaxed-classic-original fit with straight legs. Sew your jeans up in as many colors as you like and get a real versatile and valuable addition to your wardrobe.
Last but not least, people tend to think that making a pair of jeans is much more complex than it is, so you can for sure enjoy your friends and family's admiration. A new pair of favorite jeans that fit you perfectly and praise. Not a bad combo. 😊
Our best tips for sewing jeans:
- Measure twice, sew once... Check your measurements before choosing your size. Don't asume that you fit the same size as you would in RTW jeans.
- Choose your size based on your waist and hip measurements. If you are unsure of which size to make, measure a pair of your favorite jeans along the waistline, and choose the size based on the garment measurements.
- Wash your denim before use. Denim shrinks, and it would be sad to go through all the hard work, only to find your jeans have shrunk after the first wash.
- If your denim is heavy (12oz and more) you may want to skip interfacing, or use it ONLY on the fly. Test a swatch and see how it turns out.
- Use heavy denim thread (such as Gütterman 100) for all topstitching.
- Increase the stitch length for topstitching, and use the same stitch length consistently. Test the length before start.
- Use a denim or topstitching needle when sewing. Skip the double needle. It doesn't handle the thick fabric and the heacy thread well.
- Sew all topstitches from the RIGHT side.
- Do not backstitch, but pull the thread to the wrong side and tie the ends together.
- Shorten your zipper? This video from LTRL Trend - FashionGuru on Youtube, explains how to shorten a metal zipper.
Most asked question:
- Are jeans easy to sew?
- Do I need a particular machine?
- What stitch is best for jeans?
- How about materials and tread?
- What do I need to get started?
Before sewing your jeans, the most critical decision you must make is your fabric choice.
We have curated a list of international shops that stock a wide variety of denim to make it easy to choose and buy your materials for making jeans. We have also added recommendations from our tribe on Facebook. If you have tips on where to buy good quality denim fabric in your area, please notify us in a comment below.